Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter Wonderland!

To say we love this time of the year would be an understatement! We love everything associated with Christmas. Of course, we appreciate the significance of the season, and I am hoping we can find a church in our little town of Sanford that we feel comfortable in by the time Christmas Eve rolls around. It is the one time of the year that our radio station is tuned to only Christmas music and Josh and I can watch our favorite Christmas movies over and over again. We love Christmas so much that we even started Christmas shopping in September and were finished by mid-November. We are really looking forward to our family coming for Christmas and can't wait for all the festivities to begin.

We just could not wait to decorate our house, and this will be the first year that we will be in our own house for Christmastime. We have been married almost three years, so we have been buying decorations in the sales for the past two years and now we can finally use them.

Josh and I have agreed that he is in charge of decorating the outside of the house and I will handle the interior.



Josh spent Saturday morning climbing the ladder, stringing the lights and running extension cords, but the results are great. Josh decided that the outside of our house should be colorful. I do not like color lights, but I am OK with the outside of the house being multi-colored. I especially love the inflatable snowman Josh picked out, but our Dog Charlie is not such a big fan! Charlie keeps waking us up through the night because he thinks someone is in our yard - ha ha!



I have spent weeks preparing to decorate the house and I have become incredibly crafty. Although it is not technically the interior of the house, I am especially proud of the wreath I made for our front door. Just some ribbon, garland, pine cones, iron-on letters, and baubles and I have a personalized wreath - I love it!



I also bought garland to decorate the doorways throughout my house. I have become a bow-making expect and I must say that I am quite proud of the results.




Josh also contributed to the inside by decorating the chandelier above the dining room table - I think he did a great job.







Finally, we got our first tree! We went with a real tree and the house smells wonderful. The tree makes our home feel so warm and I am going to be sad that we will actually have to take it down.



We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

so cute!!

you are on a blogging roll, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! I especially love the Walker wreath. Your family Christmas picture is precious as well.

Krysann Joye said...

It looks beautiful!! It makes me feel sad that we can't be there to enjoy it with you guys. But hopefully we'll have a visit sometime soon! You'll have to teach me how to make those pretty garlands! It seriously looks professional. :-)