Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving in St. Augustine



So, as a couple we have not yet decided how we are going to divide the holidays between our two families, but for this year we spent Thanksgiving with Josh's sister Raychl in Saint Augustine, FL.



On Wednesday November 26th, we set off on our 7 hour drive to St. Augustine. The drive down to Florida was very easy and we had absolutely no delays. Some people may hate long car rides, but Josh and I always have such a great time together. We spent our time scanning the radio stations for Christmas songs and signing along.

We spent Thanksgiving with my Aunt, a.k.a my Husband's adoptive mother - it's a long story, but if you ask I will tell! As always the food was amazing and plentiful. As is tradition, we took many naps and then the family moved into Black Jack mode. I was a rookie player, but happy to say that I did very fell.


On Black Friday we followed the crowd and went to the St. Augustine outlets to do a little shopping. We had finished our Christmas shopping prior to Thanksgiving, so we mostly bought things for the house. I must be the luckiest girl in the world, because I married a guy that loves shopping almost as much a me! We had a great time shopping with Jonathan and Raychl. Later that night we went out to dinner with Jonathan, Raychl, and three of my cousins that I have not seen in many years. Mark, Kevin and Steven are cousins on my Dad's side of the family that are the ages of my sister and I. It was really great to get together with them!



We made a trip to the Old Town to see all the lights - it was absolutely beautiful! What made it even better was the 75 degree weather! We walked around the Old Town and Josh was able to wear shorts and a polo the entire time. It was even warm enough for us to get ice cream without freezing to death.




On Saturday, November 29th, we headed to Brunswick, Georgia, to spend the night with my parents who were staying with my Aunt Joanne and Uncle Phil. Mum and I did more shopping, while Dad and Josh went to look at new cars. I am so glad Josh gets along so well with my Dad, for it gives Mum and I a chance to escape and do all the girlie things.

Our drive back to North Carolina was not nearly as smooth as our ride to Florida. Due to traffic and a minor accident, our 7 hour trip turned into almost 10 hours. Regardless, we had a great time spending time with our Family! We are truly thankful for our wonderful family. We are settling into North Carolina, but we hate that we must drive a minimum of 6 hours to visit our family.

Josh and I are thankful for so much - family, friends, secure jobs, our comfortable home, supportive parents, Charlie, Montey, Angus, Josh spending a year at home, being able to pay our bills, a full pantry, heating in the winter and ac in the summer, our troops (a special mention to Josh, and my cousins Gary, Graeme and Michael), police officers and firefighters (thanks especially to Nick), our new DVR :), having great health insurance, lower gas prices, ...

- We are truly blessed!

0 comments: