Sunday, December 7, 2008

How We Became the Walkers

OK, so I have finally decided that I should actually write something on this blog. I thought a good way to start would be by telling you a little about our life as the Walkers and how it came to be.


Josh and I met on June 16th, 1999. I remember the precise date, for it was the day after I moved to the US from Scotland. I was fifteen years old at the time and very overwhelmed by all the new changes. Josh did not make my transition to the US any easier, for he was also the typical sixteen-year-old - need I say more! It would also be an understatement to say that Josh and I did not get along during our teenage years. We most definitely had a love-hate relationship, but we both had no idea that it would turn into true love.


Josh and I started dating August 8th, 2003. Josh had returned earlier that Summer from a deployment in South Korea. We spent the summer together, but that same summer I left home to attend the University of Georgia.



Despite the distance, Josh and I continued to date throughout my college years and we were engaged in October 2004.



Shortly after our engagement, Josh left for a tour of duty in Iraq. I spent our time apart studying and planning our dream wedding.




And on June 3rd, 2006 at 6:30pm we were married. Our wedding day was truly the happiest day of our lives. We had the most perfect wedding with all of our most important family and friends - it was truly magical!


We have now been married well over two years. I believe that we have the typical marriage; we have great days and not so great days. We also have double the stress, if not triple the stress, of a typical marriage due to Josh being in the U.S. Army. Josh returned March 2008 from his second deployment and he is set to leave in March 2009 for his third tour of duty. I believe that his deployments are a blessing in disguise, for it makes us truly cherish each moment together.





We are blessed in our life and believe we will go far as long as we are together - I love you Josh!

1 comments:

Krysann Joye said...

That was so neat - thank you for sharing your story. :-) Just think what you'll be writing 10, 20, 30 years from now!! Who knows! Maybe you'll be in Cali. :-P hehe