Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Husband, my soldier, my hero!

I just wanted to share our exciting news - Josh was promoted! On October 1st, Josh was promoted to Sergeant (again)! It has been a long time coming, but definitely worth the wait.

A few pictures from his promotion ceremony...











I really cannot express in words how incredibly proud I am of my Husband and the work he is doing in Afghanistan. In July, Josh was selected by his Sergeant-Major to accompany him to a new assignment located in Kabul. It was an honor to be selected and now Josh is part of the Combined Security Transition Command, which has the mission of training, equipping and mentoring the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police. Here is a link...just in case anyone is interested: http://www.cstc-a.com

I love you Josh!

4 comments:

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

Yay!! Congrats to him!

Anonymous said...

Very cool site and congrats to Josh!

Josie said...

Congratulations! Though I hope this new promotion doesn't stop him from coming home sooner. :(

amy (metz) walker said...

I clicked on your blog because you were a Walker, too. Congrats to your husband!