Wednesday, July 8, 2009

~*My Fabulous Fourth*~

I do not know why this Fourth of July felt so different, but for some reason I found this holiday to be particularly special. It could be because this is the year I will finally become an American. But, I believe that with my Husband being deployed I truly understand the sacrifices people have made so that we may enjoy this day and everyday.
Early on July 3rd, I set out on my 1200 mile round trip to Saint Augustine, Florida. I was thankful that I was able to pick-up my wonderful Sister, Lindsay, in Savannah, so I had a little company on my 8 hour drive.

I spent July 4th on the beach with family and friends. My Aunt Eleanor was the most gracious host, but sometimes I think she is quickly nominated for these things due to the location of her house :)


On our way to the beach...


We spent many hours on the beach, but stayed in the water due to the extreme heat (it was 102 degrees and that does not add in the awful humidity).


I love St. Augustine and understand why my Husband wants to move there...



(Yes, that is me on the left - I actually swan in the sea!)

There was also plenty of yummy food to go along with all the beach fun, and it was all extremely healthy, of course...



Yummy! Red velvet cupcakes are so delicious and also patriotic when you add a flag:)



In the evening of July 4th, Mum, Dad, Lindsay and I headed to The Landing in Jacksonville for dinner and to watch the fireworks. I have such a great family and I cherish the time we can spend together...



(Lindsay got a little sun to say the least!)

It was so wonderful to spend time with my wonderful family in Saint Augustine. I miss them so much and wish they lived just a little closer (or maybe I wish that we lived closer to them)




(l-r: Ethan, Jonathan, Aaron, Raychl, Me, Mum, Lindsay)

After a wonderful family breakfast on the morning of July 5th, Lindsay and I headed back to Savannah for an evening of one-on-one sister fun. I told Lindsay that since I was in Savannah I wanted some good seafood...she certainly did not disappoint. I have never been to the Crab Shack on Tybee Island, but I can guarantee that I will be going back!



We had such a great night together - I am so lucky to have a sister that is also my best friend!

It was truly a FABULOUS FOURTH!

2 comments:

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

so fun!! i've only been to st augustine once, but it's definitely lovely, and i would totally live there too!!

Josie said...

I'm glad you got to see everyone! It looks like you had a great time! :)